Sales Associate (Parts Department)
The Sales Associate assists all customers, both internal and external, with parts and accessory requests, orders and questions.
- Develop and share knowledge of all merchandise, parts history, and service promotions.
- Assist service technicians in determining parts/accessories/requirements for individual jobs. Take service technicians’ orders for parts and fill them as fast as possible.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “customer satisfaction”.
- Interfacing on projects, designs, quotes and parts requests.
- Recommend related parts which may be required for a job.
- Supply cost of parts information on repair orders.
- Update inventory control system, parts catalogues, etc.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Must possess the ability to work with several customers at one time while maintaining individual customer satisfaction.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Point out any sales, specials, or new merchandise to customers.
- Accept cash & credit card payments for merchandise purchases.
- Keep cash register accurate.
- Keeping the work environment neat and clean.
- Ensuring that all products or merchandise are placed in their respective areas.
- Ensuring that all stock is replenished.
- Helping customers locate merchandise or find suitable alternatives.
- Participating in periodic team meetings.
- Actively engaged in developing more effective customer service skills.
- Being knowledgeable about the benefits and uses of each product.
- Communicating with managers regarding customer concerns and employee matters.
- Greeting customers with a positive demeanor.
- Maintaining an enthusiastic and upbeat personality.
- Handling sales transactions, which may include operating cash registers.
- Providing honest and positive feedback to customers regarding the best products that fit the customers’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma (minimum)
- License/Certification (if applicable):
- Relevant Work Experience
- Customer Service Job Experience
- Computer skills, Microsoft Suite of products experience
Equal Employment Opportunity: Lee Rain provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, individual genetic information or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disabilities Act: Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
This job profile reflects management’s assignment of current duties, responsibilities, and essential functions; it does not prescribe all or restrict the tasks that may be assigned now, or in the future, relevant to the responsibilities for this position. Lee Rain may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.